Sunday, May 15, 2016

Week #2

Monday 5/16
Breakfast: Tuna, Cucumber Slices, Banana
Lunch: Salad with Bacon and vinegar/oil, Sweet Potato
Snack: 1 cup Beef Bone Broth
Dinner: Chicken Breast, Coconut Oil Roasted Beets, Sweet Potato
Dessert: 1/4 melon

Tuesday 5/17
Breakfast: Tuna, Cucumber Slices, 1/4 melon
Lunch: Salad with Bacon and vinegar/oil, Sweet Potato
Snack: 1 cup Beef Bone Broth
Dinner: Chicken Breast, Coconut Oil Roasted Beets, Sweet Potato
Dessert: 1/4 melon

Wednesday 5/18
Breakfast: Breakfast Soup
Lunch: Salad, Pork Chop, Sweet Potato
Snack: 1/4 melon
Dinner: Turkey burgers over lettuce with avocado, sweet potato, Coconut Oil Roasted Beets
Dessert: Mango-Lime Ice Cream

Thursday 5/19
Breakfast: Breakfast Soup
Lunch: Salad, Pork Chop, Sweet Potato
Snack: Zucchini Pasta with Bacon Pesto
Dinner: Turkey burgers over lettuce with avocado, sweet potato, Coconut Oil Roasted Beets
Dessert: Mango-Lime Ice Cream



Just a note about desserts - I'm a sugar addict.  I'm trying to recover from not only an illness, but also an addiction to the sugar brought on by the standard American diet.  I am using desserts as a way to keep my mind from wanting to cheat - if I limit my fruit intake throughout the day, I can indulge in something sweet at the end of the day.  Usually fruit, but sometimes something rather sweet - like ice cream :)

I had a rough bout of brain fog this weekend.  It kept me from being even half as productive as I'd hoped.  So... I still have to figure out the rest of the week.  These are the very symptoms of my autoimmune disease that I'm hoping to combat through my food.  This is what will keep me going.

0 comments:

Post a Comment