Sunday, May 22, 2016

Week #2 in Review

Week #2 was hard.  I had my three biggest setbacks.  In two weeks, it can be quite disappointing to have already experienced them, but I also see them as an opportunity to learn and to reinforce my reasonings for doing this protocol.

On Tuesday, I overindulged in half a loaf of freshly baked toasted sesame bread from ShopRite.  I don't regret it, as it was simply delicious.  I, did, however, pay for it with a headache that carried over into Wednesday.

Wednesday was the day I was able to celebrate a master's degree earned by one of my friends.  We celebrated with an entire meal of non-compliant foods and beverages.  It was fantastic and again, not a regret... but a lesson.  I was sluggish and had cramps in my stomach that carried over until the weekend.

And then, as if I hadn't learned my lesson the first two times, I thought I would try my luck again.  Eaic and I have encountered several stories of people who had tried their wedding cake on their anniversary and were sadly disappointed.  So, of course, I did some research.  Turns out, we should have done our research months ago and before we ordered the cake.  Apparently if you're saving the top of your wedding cake for your anniversary, you should take the following steps: don't get it filled, wrap it in plastic wrap twice, then in foil, then again in plastic wrap.  We did not do these steps and our cake was just in a box in our freezer.  We decided that a six week anniversary would be the perfect time to eat it again.  It was still so very, very delicious... maybe even better than the wedding day (although I'm not sure I remember much of the taste of the cake on that day... but those potatoes were BANGIN'.  That's what I'll remember in regards to food! :)

But, I digress.  Here we on, ready to embark on week 3 and I'm so ready to actually see through a week of 100% compliance.  On Saturday, my week will culminate with a meal at a Mexican restaurant prior to painting with some dear friends, so I'm looking forward to making sure I can celebrate with them for a successful week and a sense of peace that at least I'm being a good friend by becoming the best person I can be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment